Crease Recovery Tester determines the property of textiles to recover from creases by measurement of the recovery angle. Crease Recovery Tester at B-Tex Engineering is calibrated and of fine quality.
The specimen is first creased under specified load for fixed time and is then transferred to the measurement device, where one end of the specimen is held in a spring loaded clamp and other is allowed to fall free under its own weight. Now one need to read the scale fixed to moving clamp to know the deflection of the clamped end from the horizontal. This angle gives the measure of the Crease Recovery Angle.
Features of Crease Recovery Tester:
- Made of heavy caste base with all parts of stainless steel
- Imported Acrylic Sheet used for making the Rotating Dial.
- To make the movement smooth the Dial moves in a Brass bush.
- The same base has both the Steel Creasing Load and two Round Steel Plates for pressing the specimen.
Specifications of Crease Recovery Tester:
- Size of the Test Specimen: 40mm x 15mm.
- Creasing Load: 1 Kg. (Stainless Steel)
- Angle Measurement: On an Engraved Circular Scale graduated in 1 deg.
- Scale Measurement: 0-180 Degrees
- Weight: 9 Kg
How Crease Recovery Tester works?
- Fold the specimen and if the surfaces of the specimen have a tendency to stick together, place a piece of paper or aluminium foil, between the ends of specimen.
- Place the folded specimen between the two leaves of the loading device and immediately apply the weight.
- Start timing device, and after 5mins quickly but smoothly remove the weight from the first specimen.
- Using tweezers transfer the folded specimen to the instrument’s circular specimen holder. Insert one end of the specimen between the clamps on the specimen holder, leaving the other end to hang freely.
- While the specimen is in the holder, adjust the instrument to keep the free hanging end of the alignment with the vertical mark.
- Finally, read and record the recovery angle from the circular scale 5 minutes after inserting the specimen into the clamp.
The Crease Recovery Tester confirms with the international standards and comes under warranty. All this help provide customer satisfaction that promotes long term customer relationship which is our ultimate objective at B-Tex Engineering.
Dispatch Time : Appx.